Use the Aqua Hair Extensions Boar Bristle Brush to brush your hair at least twice a day from roots to ends, securing your hair with the other hand to prevent tension on the roots. Brush thoroughly before wetting your hair.
Wash your hair using Aqua Hair Extensions Shampoo and Conditioner, at most three times a week. Do not shampoo the hair within the first 48 hours of the installation. After wetting the hair well, gently apply the shampoo to the root area. Using your fingers, lightly massage between the tape/bonds, separating them well to remove any residue and oils. Rinse out. Do not vigorously scrub your hair as tangling may occur.
Apply conditioner from mid-length to the ends. Never condition at the root area. For deeper conditioning, leave the conditioner on for a few extra minutes or use a hydrating treatment once a week. Do not go to sleep with wet hair, as this will cause tangling and knotting. Loosely braid your hair before you go to sleep.
Your new extensions can be styled endlessly, but there are a few recommendations. Do not aim a blow dryer directly at the tape/bond area. Do not flat iron the tape/bonds. Begin your pass a little lower than the tape/bond are. Apply a heat protectant spray to the ends of your extensions to protect them from excessive heat styling damage.
Before any physical activity (pool, beach, gym, biking, etc.), secure hair well in a braid or under a cap. Make sure to wash your hair very well soon after to remove any chemicals, sweat or residue.
Before Entering Chlorinated Water or Saltwater
- Soak your hair thoroughly with clean water.
- Apply Aqua Conditioner or spray Aqua Leave-In Conditioner onto your hair. This will give the hair extensions a barrier of protection by preventing them from soaking up as much chlorine or salt.
- Put your hair in a ponytail or loose braid.
After Getting Out of the Water
- Immediately wash your hair thoroughly with Aqua Hair Extensions Shampoo and Conditioner.
Sun exposure can strip the pigments from extensions – exposing the original undertones. This can cause dryness, frizziness, and tangling. This can be avoided by:
- Keeping your hair’s sun exposure to a minimum.
- Using our Leave-In Conditioner, which was formulated to hydrate, detangle, and fight frizz. With its added UV and heat protection, it will work to restore extra dry and damaged hair.